Wednesday, August 6, 2008

They have arrived...

...No, it's not the latest fall fashions or a hot summer blockbuster movie. It's not a person, or aliens, or the J Crew order I have been waiting on for a month either. It's something I wasn't expecting. Something that I have only seen on others until now. That's right. Both my Nana and hairdresser confirmed the arrival of....dun, dun, dun...grey hairs!!

What? Grey hairs? This is impossible? Was I not just 12 years old last year? This is unacceptable. I thought I noticed them in the washroom mirror at work the other day - so, I decided to ask the most brutally honest person I know - the Nana. She not only confirmed the presence of the pesky silver-ish strands, but proceeded to tell me they were the horrible, stringy, kinked up wild ones. Okay Nana - that's enough.

Requiring a second opinion, I also asked my hairdresser. He confirmed they are in fact grey hairs but not to worry since "it's not a patch of them". Thanks Mister. What exactly does he define as a "patch" - how many is that? What happens if the patch does appear? Who do I call? Is there some sort of emergency support hotline for newcomers to the club? Oh dear!


Things are not like they used to be. I hate to say it but I think I'm getting old. Candy for lunch just doesn't cut it anymore, I'm not sure it would be right for me to continue ordering the cheeseburger happy meal at McDonalds and I think I could be in my last few good years of extreme tubing at the cottage.

I guess it's not a bad thing. I am okay with being in the same boat as some of my celeb friends:



Myth vs. Reality: I was always under the impression that if you pluck one gray hair, more will grow, but luckily, it's an old wives' tale. Since the hair is technically dead, all you are doing is removing a dead cell from the follicle, which will not cause more to grow!
Grey is the new black my friends.....g-r-e-y is the new black.

No comments: