Thursday, January 3, 2008

So long Christmas...hello yucky long boring winter days

Well, it's official - I'm sad. Being someone who typically celebrates Christmas for 25% of the year it's almost traumatizing for me to have to pack up the Christmas decorations... again! An even more traumatic experience was getting into my car on boxing day morning to hear regular music on 97.3...come on! Who is in charge of this? Can we please have a bit of a weaning off period between December 26th and January 1st where you play Christmas music perhaps for half day or something? Speaking of painful experiences has anyone taken a look at price tags after Boxing Day on Christmas paraphernalia you bought before the holidays? All I have to say is that Mr. Pottery Barn and his distant cousin Mr. Holt Renfrew should take up residence in the local hoosegow. Shame on you people....shame on you!

I'm very disgraced to report that yes, I was one of the crazy folk who ventured out to Sherway December 26th in search of an ivory velvet Christmas tree skirt. My experience was not great! Babies crying, merchandise flying up in the air, people pushing - Wow! Not to mention ridiculous lines for unsuspecting stores - the teeny bopper/Mom combos formed a line for Abercrombie about eight stores up. Even my Mom was flabbergasted and said she would rather go back when the sale wasn't on and pay full price then stand in that line for an hour - for what? To buy a pint sized shirt and meet "Jake" - who is actually a perfume they unwillingly spray on you as soon as you step foot in the front door? If my kid was waiting in that line she best have been saving her money for the year and planning to drop some big ones!

Anyway, I'm sad that Christmas is over but Happy to start a New Year.

What would make my New Year even happier? If all the snow, slush and cold weather would just leave as fast as the Christmas tunes on Boxing day. I find January - March a bit yucky and miserable but as quickly as time seems to be going the past little while I'm sure it will be over before we know it! Luckily I have a few trips down to Cayman planned during that time to help me get through it!



My Christmas was great as usual - It's such a special time with family and friends. We had a very generous delivery from Santa that was greatly appreciated, a wonderful dinner from chef Marty and the much anticipated arrival of our beautiful future god daughter Charlotte Rose Cichy on Boxing Day. We spent New Years up at the cottage where we continued with the great company and endless food accompanied by some extreme guitar hero and singsong (80's version) on PS2. I have actually come to appreciate Caribbean Queen...you go Billy. There were definitely a few surprise stars among our group. I'm not sure I would buy their album (sorry guys)
but let's just say they had some interesting techniques (i.e. British accents where they were not necessary) and managed impressively high scores - you know who you are! Surprise, Surprise...turns out my new camera has a video feature....we'll talk later.

With all the goodies I had consumed over the holidays I decided it would be appropriate to sign up for the intense 2 week, 6 session bootcamp which I'm mid-way through with Maggie. Contrary to previous postings I have grown quite fond of the workout and even made a mention on her main web page! http://www.sandrasbootcamp.com/index.html I'm going to keep working at it for the next few months and see what happens but I'm almost half way to my goal! Yippee!

Happy New Year!
PS my mom got me a white Christmas apron with Holly all over it – since it’s name appropriate I’m sort of feeling like I could get away with this one year round to spread a little cheer when baking anytime and not just during the holidays – what do you think? Am I pushing it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well holly I must say that I have never seen anyone who loves x mas as much as you.Please keep the spirit alive by wearing you apron all year round.
Ps:your guitar hero show was sold out next stop madision square gardens !!