Friday, May 23, 2008

I want to be a Popper


Do you know what popping is? Neither did I until I caught the last 15 minutes of 'So you think you can Dance' last night. Apparently popping is huge in LA but I have never seen anyone do the things that Robert Muraine (AKA Mr.Fantastic) can do! For some reason it won't let me upload the video so here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbL1XV-r6o Be sure to check it out - it's one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! Of course after we watched it Marty wanted to be a popper and spent the rest of the night attempting what looked like 'the robot' requiring a lot of WD40...we go see a ninja movie, he wants to be a ninja - we watch a show about race car drivers, he wants to be one too.

On the other end of the spectrum I had the privilege of also watching a dancer named "Sex". I have two words - Interesting and awkward! I love how they play "Mr Lover Man" by Shabba Ranks when they introduce him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vm7tYkSAhM . Notice also how he says he's "21 plus" and has his Mom tell the cameras that he won't do any interviews until he gets inside the theatre, "he just feels more relaxed that way"...Oh Sex, you crack me up!

Last night on Greys was a night of kisses - I feel like everything was happening in the last 10 minutes of the show! The only thing I didn't like is when Meredith starting talking to herself at the end doing her "stupid, stupid, stupid" feel bad for me, I'm upset for no reason thing. However, I was so happy to see Meredith and McDreamy share a kiss! Not so much for Callie and Dr. Hahn? What is going on? I found Callie an awkward match with George and now have the same feeling of her with McSteamy and Dr. Hahn...when I think of it there really isn't anyone on the show I would place her with?!...McSteamy was sort of creeping me out at the end too!

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I think that's one thing I don't like about summer - having to wait for your shows until the fall!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rob loves So you Think you Can Dance because of the poppers. He too trys to mimic...but alas it does not even look like a robot...more like a wet noodle :)

He has been away for the week, so I have had to PVR all new episodes this week. Meaning we have like 4 hours of it.

As for "sex" he drives me nutty. He has tried out for this show each season and I believe also American Idol...I am waiting for Mary Murphy to eat him with her horse teeth :)

I shall now go back to work...