Friday, May 30, 2008

It's nifty to be fifty...so treat yourself to a bedroom set

This past weekend I headed up North for my Mom's annual girls weekend at the cottage. What has traditionally been a scrapbooking, knitting, baking weekend turned into a rather lazy rest & watch girly movie couple of days which I thoroughly enjoyed!


I must say however that I observed some bizarre behaviour among my friends of a 'nifty' age (that I will not disclose - wink, wink ladies). With this 'nifty' age being the new thirty, and with all these ladies have to look forward to, I found the conversation a bit morbid. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but it's true! All this talk about 'it's all downhill from here', 'what do I have to look forward to but diapers', 'how to organize your meds' and 'I think I just purchased my last bedroom set' sort of got me down. You ladies are beautiful, talented, healthy and YOUNG! So, no more of this crazy talk....Oh yeah, and be sure to treat yourself to new bedroom furniture at least every 4-5 years.
Last night my parents treated Marty and I to an early Anniversary dinner at one of the top 10 restaurants in the World! It was an interesting dining experience to say the least. We drove over two hours to get to the 'months in advance reservations required' Eigensinn Farm - which was just that - a Farm....and I'm talking f-a-r-m. Michael Stadtlander was a famous chef wanting to get out of the city and now does it all from a family farm. The host was his hospitable, tiny and oddly comical wife. We actually sat in their dining room (just off their bedroom - weird!!) and used their family bathroom. It was strange - I felt like I was at someones house visiting. The menu is only sent out the day before your reservation and you have to pair and bring your own wine. In any case the dinner was great...and I was very adventurous with trying new things!

PS I really want to go see Sex and the City this weekend but I'm staying clear of the craziness! I have a date with Sam & Rebecca to see it on Wednesday so hopefully I won't hear any spoilers before then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly
Decided to keep my bedroom suite cause I will only need it for another 23 years then I can get the automatic bed that raises the head ..so I can watch tv and eat elmo cupcakes, and raises the foot so I can see my pedicure. All kidding aside I had a great weekend with everyone. love ya