Monday, June 8, 2009

Jon & Kate + 8 = Big ol' mess!

Poor Jon & Kate + Eight. I used to really like this show....watching all the little kiddies grow up and being an observer of the daily challenges that come with having eight kids!

At times Kate seemed a little over powering in the household, but I think anyone would go a little nuts on a daily basis if you were trying to take care of all those children! I don't really blame her, although I do admit she does go a bit over the top at times. I also think Jon seems like a good Dad, but sometimes a bit lazy. That would frustrate me too! Regardless of my feelings for Jon or Kate, I don't think either of their parenting skills could be at fault for the way this whole thing has turned out... from divorce rumours to child service claims. Seems like they are always in the news...even "Kate pumping gas" has made headlines!

I think Jon & Kate were really struggling in the beginning and didn't know how they would support the demands of such a large family. I'm sure the show would have seemed like an attractive prospect to anyone in that situation. Also, the crew has been in their home for four years! I'm sure those extra helping hands were convenient, and would have been welcomed by any large family.

What I want to know is when did Kate go from housewife to glamazon? It seems like some of this has gone to her head! What about on the season premier how Kate said that Jon had "made decisions that they all had to live with." The words she used made me believe he actually did have an affair on her, when I was not convinced from all the tabloid coverage. That episode actually made me sad. It wasn't the usual upbeat show it was in the past. I also didn't like how they filmed the kids saying "Daddy, I don't want you to leave again."

The question is, for a struggling family of eight kids and two parents, do you think they would be happier if they never did the show and didn't have all this fame and money? I'm not sure? I think they would have been in an equally stressful situation if this opportunity had not arose.

PS If they have all these bucks now, I wish Kate would visit some high end hairdresser and fix that do! Arrrff!

PPS The little guy with the glasses is my fav!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldnt agree more! the little one with the glasses is my fav too! and glamazon kate is so out of control. have you noticed that she is all about the super short skirts lately? i feel sad for the kiddies....shame....things are not good :( ~sommer.

little h. said...

i hear you about the hair...someone help her!