Sunday, June 1, 2008

I love shirts....pants, no so much

Well people, let me be the first to admit that I have a problem. After a complete inspection of my closet I have come to the conclusion that I have about 500 shirts, blouses & tops and only about 3 pairs of pants.

Okay, okay - I have more pairs than that but at best there are only a handful I wear on a regular basis. All the others are too dressy, the wrong colour, so last season (but maybe coming back), and of course my special older jeans and pants I am saving for when I lose all that weight (sure!...when was I that small?!).
I am also fessing up to another problem. When I go shopping I'm drawn to the shirts and completely overlook the pants. I have not purchased an entire outfit in who knows how long. I think this is part of my problem. I have all these great shirts but limit the ones I wear because I don't have pants to match!
Based on this interesting revelation, for my next shopping trip I am going to actually try and pick up some (eek) pants. I think I just don't like trying them on. It takes forever to find a good pair and jeans are even worse! That's probably why I have bought the same pair of jeans repetitively for the past 5 years. I just detest going through the process of 'too tight', 'pockets in the wrong place', 'don't like the wash'...errrr!
I guess you gotta have pants - so here I go! Hopefully this little study has a happy ending....if not, I'm sure I'll find a fab top!
PS: Heather, I know I also have a fleece issue but I'm just not ready to address that one yet. I'm still in the denial phase... and damn proud of it!
PPS: *Update* - I just had a breakthrough - I not only ordered a JCrew top but the shorts to match. Yay!

1 comment:

little h. said...

im proud of your admittance of the fleece problem...admitting is half the battle ;)baby steps...