Thursday, November 22, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things...

In honour of Oprah’s amazingly generous “Favourite Things” episode, I thought I would share some of my favourite things….although unfortunately I will not be able to provide each reader with a free sample! We can’t all bring home Oprah’s paycheck!

Why is my list better than Oprah’s? Because some of her items are strictly product placement ads and mine are genuinely tested goods that I would like to share with my circle of friends!

Some of my favourite things are people (my family and friends), places (Cayman) and seasons (Christmas)…but for the purpose of my list I’ll focus on gift ideas, personal goodies and hot shopping & eating stops.

My Favourite Things

See’s Candies : You know how I love my sweets - which makes workout Bootcamp difficult. I was originally introduced to See’s when Sam was living in LA and now they deliver to Canada! You can customize your own personal mix of chocolates - I recommend the Raspberry Cream!

Anything Elie Tahari : Did you know Elie Tahari is a man – it’s true, Marty was not impressed! He always has amazing clothes and even though it’s usually a bit of a splurge the quality and style makes it all worthwhile! Another favourite is Nanette Lepore.

Candles : There are two amazing stores for candles: Williams Sonoma and Belle de Provence in Bayview Village. What do I have on now? Well thank you for asking - A Peppermint oil candle from WS and a Cherry Lothantique candle from Belle de Provence.

Massages and Pedicures from the Stillwater Spa : Girls, if you have not been there get on the phone ASAP and book yourself a relaxing day to enjoy the best massage and pedicure in the city at the Hyatt Stillwater Spa in Yorkville!

Breakfast at the Park Hyatt : Breakfast could very well be my favourite meal of the day. I usually only have a yoghurt or fruit in the morning during the week but I enjoy the occasional weekend treat of going out!

Anything from Teatro Verde : Unique gifts & trinket heaven

Kiss Me Mascara : This mascara is amazing. It doesn’t run, stays on all day and comes off with water in ‘tubes’. You can get it at Trade Secrets.

Crème de la Mer : Okay, another splurge but again definitely worth it. I have been using the cream and eye cream for about 2 ½ years and it has been great for my dry skin.

Yves Saint Laurent Radiant Touch concealer : This stuff can mask even the worst of tired eyes or blemishes!

Kultura: If you have not been to this restaurant, you are missing out! I love the tapas style set up and the fun drink menu! (try the Molly Ringwald)

Frederic Fekkai shampoo & conditioner : Once again a splurge but my dry highlighted hair just soaks it up and feels nice and silky even after a blow dry

Tall Non-fat Tazo Chai latte from Starbucks : Tis the season for Christmassy tasting warm treats! I also like Peppermint Mocha's! Yum!

Pretty ribbon from Michaels : I’m a fan of stylish gift giving and every gift looks fantastic with a real ribbon bow on the top. Michaels always has great colours and styles even on sale!

Style at Home magazine : Definitely worth a subscription! Great ideas for decorating and local shopping stops.

Dentyne ice Frostbites gum : They are small but pack a punch!

Presidents Choice Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge Crackle Ice cream : This one does not need an explanation – I love it so much that when it’s not in the freezer section of the g-store during the months of October to February I ask for it at customer service…I know I’m a bit nuts about this one!

Chicken Fajitas from Jack Astors : Yeah well, I had to put it in here.

Spanx : I feel it is my womanly obligation to share Spanx with those of you who have been out of the loop! Love them! Everyone has got some little jiggly bits they would like to smooth out right? Especially after the See’s Candies, Candy Cane ice cream and chicken fajitas! I like the ones that are very high waisted so they don’t cut you off in the middle. Spanx also makes great reversible – yes, that’s right, I said reversible – Black / Brown opaque panty hose!

So that’s my list for now. I’ll keep thinking and update! What are your favourites?

PS Check out my Dad's Hollywood debut! (It's at 4:25 - 5:40 min. in the video) http://btqnetbeta2.com/videos.php

3 comments:

E. Bryce said...

hey Holly! great list! I love hearing what others buy and think is great! I have yet to try a few of your items...someday ;)
Ps. i shared your list with my mom and i think you should make commission! ha!

little h. said...

i think i would second a vote on just about all your items...just not fekkai...no good for my hair...erin b. im telling you, you would love it though! sigh...my fav fav is stillwater spa days though....

Anonymous said...

elie tahari is a man!?!??!!?

maggie